We provide an affordable D/M Membership that offers an online platform for Designers to promote and sell their work alongside regular selling/marketing events in collaboration with other cultural institutions to reach new audiences. D/M provide professional development information and opportunities for members to help with all aspects of running your own creative business and PR support to build your brand.
( This is a one-off joining fee, no other charges will be made)
The Designers/Makers Membership includes but is not limited to the following benefits:
* 10% off The Design Museum Market (application process applies)
* 10% off The Bristol Artisan
* £10 off every booking at The London Artisan
* Profile Page (profile images, website link, social links, biography, shop items, contact form, press release downloads for journalists and links to press coverage)
* D/M Online shop - a great way to promote and sell your work to an International Audience. List up to 20 items: we do all the listing admin to save you time! (20% commission charged on sales, we do not take any commission on postage)
* D/M press database - We carry out regular campaigns directly to our PR contacts at regional and national level newspapers, magazines and blogs. We also create regular newsletters and social media ( Instagram / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest ) material highlighting designers makers products. We have over 29k followers across all social media platforms & over 10k subscribers.
* 10% off any workshop listed on the D/M Website
* Monthly Social Media Calendar (printable - to help you plan in advance)
* PR Calendar (for the entire year- to help you plan product launches and themed PR)
* D/M Member Marque that can be used on your website / promotional material
* Access to the Members online database:
- Business toolkit ( PDF advice sheets covering topics such as branding / promotion / sales / PR / Social Media / tax etc). Currently there are 15 in the collection (click here to open PDF example).
- D/M Directory with over 200 website links (studios/residencies/awards/design and craft events/shops/funding/business links/social media/ training/ legal and accounting)
- Opportunities for Designers/Makers (current and ongoing). We send mail outs to all D/M Members with opportunities throughout the year from other creative organisations that forward us opportunities.
* Creative and original work
* Commitment and passion to developing your label or project
* Presentation and professionalism with finished product
* Commitment to independent design
* Uniqueness in market place
Once we have received your application form, we will email within 48 hours to let you know if it has been accepted and to guide you through the next steps.